It is impossible to say for sure as altitude affects different people in different ways. The side effects usually come in the form of headaches or getting tired very easily as the body adjusts to the change in altitude. It is important to point out that most people do not have any serious problems with the altitude, and as long as you do not perform any aerobic exercise upon arrival, you should be fine.
Here are some tips to help your body acclimatize:
• Get sufficient rest
• Drink plenty of bottled water
• Eat light, easily digested meals
• Avoid alcohol and cigarettes
• Once you’re there, take baby steps as your body gets used to the altitude
• A lot of people will be selling Muña & Coca in the streets. They are legal and natural aids which will help open your lungs and aclimatize your body.